Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Week!

Bonjour mes amis et famille!

I hope that you all are happy and healthy as you feast your eyes upon my 27 month journal in Morocco! Based on the title of this entry, I'm sure you have come to the correct conclusion that I leave in one week. I am both excited and sad about this fact. The "good-byes" and "farewells" are tough, not going to try and sugar-coat it. I love love love my family and friends so much and I hope to stay in touch with many of them while I'm abroad.

For those of you that don't know, my absolutely lovely and wonderful friend Kait organized with family and friends to have them write me letters that I can read while I'm away. She dated them throughout my time abroad so that I have one to read every so often. There are also a lot of random cards for me to open whenever I need a little piece of home. Probably the best gift I've ever recieved. And of course she made me a little personalized box. Thank you so much to everyone involved!




On another note, I'm not looking forward to packing. How do you pack for 2+ years? I think I'll just answer than question as I go along. There are also a lot of loose ends I need to tie up here and there.

So to leave you, I'm going to pawn an idea I discovered on my friend's blog while he was abroad that I thought was pretty clever and amusing...hope he doesn't mind!

"What I've learned so far:"
1) Friends should not let you borrow their Michael Jackson Wii game as a nice gesture for you to play before you leave because it's rather addictive and distracting when trying to get things accomplished...and way too much fun.

3 comments:

  1. Looooooooooove you, Baby Sis <3 Remember, any clothes you leave here are fair game for the next two years ;-) *haha* And in closing, I think MJ is a very appropriate way to spend your time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 I totally agree with Angela. You have to get your fill of MJ to teach to the people in Morocco.
    #2 I like how you added "Singing in the Shower"as an interest... lmao.

    I'm gonna miss youuuuuu! Angela and I will take care of Andre while you're gone =) Can't wait to read further blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! You better keep this going!! I miss you :( :(

    Don't forget to put lots and lots of pictures up!!

    <3 ya!!

    ReplyDelete